Contest Rules 2
Official Rules, important dates and extra credit: What you need to know
This is a skill-based Contest. For purpose of this Contest, each carton construction you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the following criteria:
- Only schools may enter the Contest.
- An adult sponsor at least 18 years of age must register and upload the school’s entry.
- Grade levels are defined as elementary (grades 1-5), middle (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12).
- At least 100 intact cartons must be used. Additional intact, cut or partial cartons may be used.
- Entries may be painted, varnished or left as raw-finished.
- Supporting materials may be used, but must not comprise more than 20% of the final creation.
Supporting materials made of natural, renewable resources (wood, newspaper, cardboard, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Photos of the creation may not contain any images of students. As many as four images are allowed.
- An entry must include an essay with 200 or fewer words explaining how the school would use the $5,000 if it won. An online essay form is part of the entry process.
- All online voters must be 13 years of age or older.
- Only one vote per person.
- Entries must not contain illegal content, profanity, obscenity, discriminatory or disparaging statements or content that violates a third party’s rights.
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select the winners. The decisions of these judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of eligible entries, we may, at our discretion, select fewer than 10 winners (the 11th is a People’s Choice). In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied entries based on the criteria listed above. Prizing is limited to one award per entry, per-semester.
The People’s Choice Award winner will be determined by online voting. The voting period will be open according to the important dates.
If you are a winning sponsor, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address listed on your entry within seven (7) days following the selection. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winning sponsor. If there is a dispute as to who is the winning sponsor, we will consider the potential winning sponsor to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
By entering this Contest you agree and/or understand:
- To abide by these Official Rules
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Evergreen Packaging Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won;
- That Evergreen Packaging Inc.’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest
- That Evergreen Packaging Inc. may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Tennessee courts (state and federal) for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you
- Are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- Agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- Understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- Understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
- Understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
Your entry can score extra points in judging if:
- You use more than 100 cartons
- Your carton creation is original or unusual
- You have the best decorated carton creation
- You use your award money for a green initiative in your school or community